Lemon Herb Chicken and Vegetable Tray Bake
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp dried herbs (such as thyme, rosemary, and basil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, dried herbs, salt, and pepper.
- In a large baking tray, place the chicken breasts, sweet potato, bell pepper, and red onion. Brush the lemon herb mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender and slightly browned.
- While the chicken and vegetables are baking, rinse the quinoa and place it in a medium saucepan with the 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed.
- Serve each chicken breast with a serving of quinoa and roasted vegetables. Enjoy!